APEX Legends Season 5: Reconnect Feature, Mirage Buffs and More
The fifth season in APEX Legends has already begun! The new major update introduces a new legend, multiple major changes to Kings Canyon, balance adjustments, reconnect feature, and much more. The most notable changes of the update are listed below.
- New legend Loba, which is able to teleport, see rare loot through walls and loot items from a distance
- New Battle Pass, which is very similar to the previous ones. One notable difference: this season the pass does not include location-based challenges
- Multiple Map Changes to Kings Canyon, including the removal of Skull Town
- Charge Towers – devices located across Kings Canyon, which allow to grant your ultimate bar to full
- Story-based Season Quest, consisting of 9 PvE-missions unlocked by collecting daily treasures
- Start of Ranked Series 4
- Reconnect feature, which allows to re-join unexpectedly left match in progress. The feature is available for competitive game modes
- Legends Updates:
- Mirage: decoys of both tactical and ultimate abilities now can mimic player’s movement; passive now makes Mirage invisible when using respawn beacon and reviving a teammate
- Bloodhound: duration of Sonar Detection increased from 3 to 4 seconds, cooldown decreased from 35 to 25 seconds
- Crypto can now ping banners while in drone to warn teammates of nearby squads.
- Lifeline: increased Lifeline bin ratio to 20%, removed Knockdown Shields from Secret Compartments
- Caustic: friendly gas lo longer slows teammates
- Octane: Launch Pad cooldown is reduced from 90 seconds to now 60 seconds
- Gibraltar: reduced Dome Shield duration from 18s to 12s.
- Pathfinder: the cooldown for Grappling Hook has been increased from 15 seconds to 35 seconds
- Weapon and Loot Changes:
- Gold Weapons for Season 5: Longbow DMR, Hemlok, Spitfire, EVA-8, RE-45
- Mastiff now can be found in the world, its power was reduced accordingly
- Peacekeeper can now be looted from care packages only, its power increased accordingly
- Alternator: mag sizes slightly increased
- RE-45: slightly increased damage and reduced reload time
- Havoc: vertical and horizontal recoil increased
- Added Skullpiercer Hopup for Longbow and Wingman
- Anvil Receiver removed
- Gold Armor now increases the amount of heal instead of increasing healing speed
Other changes include a number of bug fixes, new UI for deathboxes, CPU and GPU optimization and more. The full list of changes can be found on the official website.