PUBG Update: Vikendi Rebalance and UI Improvements
PUBG Corp have released a new major update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, which introduces balance changes to Vikendi and a number of user interface improvements. Currently the update is available on the Test Server.
- Vikendi Rebalance:
- Blue zone adjustments: more varied locations for Phase 1 safe zone, decreased waiting time between blue zone phases.
- Weapon spawn adjustments: spawn rate of ARs, DMRs and SRs has been increased by 1.4x, 2x and 7x respectively, while SMGs, Shotguns and Pistols will be slightly harder to find. MRK47 Mutant will now be spawning on the map, while Win94 and R45 have been removed from the item list.
- Care Packages will no longer spawn in the Secret Cave, instead players will find there more varied good loot there.
- UI Improvements:
- Tactical Map Markers: players can now use 6 different market types, among which are Attack, Danger, Defend, Loot, Regroup, and Vehicle.
- Throwables Crosshair has been improved and now identifies the use of overarm or underarm throwing stance.
- Minimap Improvements: teammates outside of the minimap area will be displayed at the edge of the map.
- Parachuting UI Improvements: falling speed and altitude have been split into two different gauges.
- Adjusted Flare Gun crosshair to make it easier to call in a Care Package to the correct position.
The full list of changes can be found on the official website.