WCS 2019 Summer Begins Tomorrow with $100,000 at Stake
Tomorrow, on July 12th, begins a StarCraft II event 2019 WCS Summer. The event will feature 80 players competing for a $100,000 prize pool, a handful of WCS points and one ticket to WCS Global Finals.
The event is organized by StarLadder and will take place on July 12-14th in Kyiv, Ukraine. The tournament system includes five stages:
- Group Stage #1: 64 players split into 16 GSL groups with best-of-three series.
- Group Stage #2: 32 best players from Stage #1 split into 8 GSL groups with best-of-three series. Top two players from each group advance to the Stage #3, the others make it to the Knockout Stage.
- Group Stage #3: 16 players from Stage #2 and 16 players from regional qualifiers compete in 8 GSL groups with best-of-three series. Top two players from each group advance to the Playoffs, the others make it to the Knockout Stage.
- Knockout Stage: 8 single-elimination brackets with best-of-three series, the winner of each bracket advances to the Playoffs.
- Playoffs: 24 players in a single-elimination bracket with best-of-five regular matches and best-of-seven finals.
Sixteen qualified players that will start the competition in Group Stage #3 made it through the regional competitions, among them are:
- Europe: ShoWTimE, uThermal, Elazer, Serral
- North America: Neeb, MaSa, JonSnow, TLO
- Latin America: Kelazhur, SpeCial
- Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau/Japan: Has, Rex
- China: Cloudy, MacSed
- Oceania/SEA: Probe, RiSKy
The main English stream can be found on the official StarCraft channel at Twitch.