CS:GO Update Adds Warhammer Stickers, Rendering and Gameplay Improvements
In their latest weekly update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valve have added a new capsule with Warhammer 40,000 stickers, as well as some improvements to gameplay and rendering improvements. The main changes are listed below.
- Added Warhammer 40,000 Sticker Capsule, featuring 17 unique stickers.
- Ability to change the main menu background. Currently available options are Anubis, Blacksite, Chlorine, Cobblestone, Nuke, Phoenix and Vertigo.
- Added kill feed icons for dying from C4.
- Multiple improvements for grenades’ behavior:
- Players are less likely to become stuck on mid-air grenades and are able to stand up when crouched on top of another player’s decoy grenade.
- Grenades are less likely to phase through doors when thrown into nearby players, and have improved collision when bouncing near the ground around player’s feet.
- Multiple rendering improvements, including fix to flickering shadows and optimized texture generation.
- A new setting “Texture Streaming” that allows to save a large amount of video memory by deferring loading of high-resolution textures until they are needed for rendering.