New Experimental Fast-Paced Game Mode for League of Legends
Riot Games presented a new experimental game mode for League of Legends called Nexus Blitz. The mode is currently in the stage of alpha testing.
Nexus Blitz is a fast-paced object-oriented game mode, where the games should last for about 15 minutes. It has a new map of a smaller size with two lanes, each team is supposed to have 3 laners and 2 junglers. During a match, a random event will spawn on the map, the winner of which will get certain bonuses. The developers plan to test the mode for at least four weeks, the test should be open for everyone.
Nexus Blitz Features:
- A smaller map with one lane that splits into two
- Jungle designed for two players on each team
- Games won’t last longer than 20 minutes
- Various objectives like King of the Hill, Push the Payload, and closing circle of death from Battle Royale games
- Special rewards for the teams that win objectives: a massive shield for the entire team, upgrades to minions and structures
- A new mechanic called On-Fire – a player who gets a lot of kills and manages to stay alive will get tons of bonuses, such as increase in stats, CDR and mana regen
- Gold sharing – all minion deaths share 30% of the total gold value to all members of your team
If you want to get more information about the new game mode, head over to the official website.