PUBG Update 25: New Content and Balance Changes for Vikendi
PUBG Corp. has released a new test update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, which focuses mainly on the recently added snowy map Vikendi. Among other things, the developers added Snowbike, Canted Sight, Bizon PP-19, Moonlight Weather, as well as tweaked item balance for Vikendi.
New Weapon – Bizon
Bizon is a submachine gun that uses 9mm ammo; it spawns exclusively on Vikendi and Erangel. While it holds 53 rounds by default, the weapon does not take magazine and grips attachments.
New Attachment – Canted Sight
Canted sight is a new scope that can be attached to the weapons with a secondary scope slot. The following weapons support Canted sight:
- AR – Beryl M762, AKM, AUG, M416, Mutant, QBZ, SCAR-L, G36C
- DMR – SLR, Mini14, Mk14, QBU, SKS
- SR – AWM, M24, Kar98k
- SMG – UMP, Vector, Bizon
- Shotgun – S12K
- LMG – M249
New Vehicle – Snowbike
Snowbike can be found only on Vikendi. Compared to the Snowmobile, it has a higher speed but lower durability. The motorcycle will no longer spawn on the map.
New Weather Setting – Moonlight
Moonlight weather is unique to Vikendi, and while it happens during night-time, you will be able to see your enemies thanks to bright moon and polar lights.
Vikendi Balance Changes
- Bluezone will be generated further away from the center
- Damage of the last zone has been increased
- Decreased the number of SMGs and increased the number of ARs
- Decreased the number of DMRs (SR rate remains the same)
- Reduced the number of LV3 helmets and vests
- Balanced the spawn ratio of attachments
The other changes, including Survivor Pass updates, performance improvements and multiple bug fixes can be found in the official changelog.