HOTS Update: Ranked Changes, New Event and Hero Reworks
Blizzard have released a new major update for Heroes of the Storm, which introduces a new ranked league, a brand new event, hero reworks and more. The main changes are listed below.
- Ranked Changes: Hero League and Team League have been merged into a single ranked queue called Storm League. The initial seeding for the new league will be based on the last known Hero League or Team League MMR (whichever is greater).
- Hero Roles Update: all heroes are now categorized in six new roles, among which are Tank, Bruiser, Support, Healer, Melee Assassin, and Ranged Assassin.
- New Event called Caldeum Complex allows you to complete special quests and get unique rewards, including portraits, sprays, chests and a mount. While the event is active (March 26th – April 30th), all chests earned through progression will be Caldeum Complex Loot Chests and guarantee at least one item from the Caldeum Complex or previous years’ Lunar New Year Spring events.
- Loot chests are no longer available for Gem purchase, instead they can be purchased with Gold.
- Hero Reworks for Lucio and Chromi.
To learn more about the update, head over to the official website.