Overwatch Update: Nerfs for Mercy and Junkrat
Blizzard released a new update for Overwatch, in which the developers made several balance changes to Mercy and Junkrat, as well as introduced 4K support for Xbox One X. The full list of changes with developers comments can be found below.
- Concussion Mine
- Now will deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion's center
Developer Comments: Junkrat has been enjoying the flexibility his double-charge Concussion Mine provides, but it has now become a bit too easy to throw out huge bursts of damage in a large area. With this change he can still dish out similar damage but he must now be more accurate with his tosses.
- No longer makes Resurrect instant
- No longer grants a bonus Resurrect charge
- The speed bonus Guardian Angel receives when activating Valkyrie has been decreased by 50%
- Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
Developer Comments Mercy's recent Resurrect changes have helped in allowing enemies to have more counter play in dealing with her, but she was able to use Resurrect through Valkyrie enough to largely mitigate the impact of the previous changes. Additionally, we're toning back the amount of mobility Valkyrie provides through Guardian Angel and reducing its duration to overall reduce the power of this ability.
- Fixed a bug that caused D.Va’s face and hair textures to not load when her Black Cat skin was equipped