Overwatch Update: New Support Hero Baptiste and Balance Changes
Blizzard have released a new major update for Overwatch, which adds a new support hero – Baptiste. The hero is a combat medic who is capable of not only healing and saving his teammates, but also damaging the enemies. In addition to the new hero, Blizzard have introduced a number of balance changes for the other heroes.
- BIOTIC LAUNCHER: Baptiste’s three-round-burst Biotic Launcher rewards accuracy and recoil control with significant damage output. It also doubles as a healing device, lobbing projectiles that heal allies near the point of impact.
- REGENERATIVE BURST: Baptiste activates an intense regenerative burst that heals himself and nearby allies over time.
- IMMORTALITY FIELD: Baptiste uses a device to create a field that prevents allies from dying. The generator can be destroyed.
- AMPLIFICATION MATRIX: Baptiste creates a matrix that doubles the damage and healing effects of friendly projectiles that pass through it.
- EXO BOOTS: By first crouching, Baptiste can jump higher.
- NANO BOOST: Heal reduced from 300 to 250
- RISING UPPERCUT: Cooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds
- SEISMIC SLAM: Cooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds
- SONIC ARROW: Detection radius increased from 7 to 9 meters
- FRAG LAUNCHER: Impact damage increased from 40 to 50
- RIP-TIRE: Cost increased by 10%
- AMP IT UP: Speed Boost’s amplification reduced from 70% to 50%
- CROSS FADE: Speed Boost’s effect reduced from 30% to 20%
- SONIC AMPLIFIER: Soundwave now counts towards Offensive Assists
- WALL RIDER: Speed buff increased from 20% to 40%
- FAN THE HAMMER: Damage reduced from 55 to 50
- DEADEYE: Damage per second increased from 275 to 550 after locking onto targets for 1.5 seconds
- ENDOTHERMIC BLASTER: Primary fire damage increased from 2.25 to 2.75 (45 to 55 damage per second)
- ICE WALL: Health reduced from 500 to 400
- BIOTIC GRASP: Heal over time duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds; Total healing increased from 50 to 65
- FUSION DRIVER: Movement speed penalty while firing reduced from 50% to 30%
- ROCKET LAUNCHER: Minimum explosion damage increased from 16.25 to 20
- THE REAPING: Healing received from dealing damage reduced from 50% to 40%
- PULSE RILE: Damage increased from 19 to 20
- SPRINT: Delay before you can fire the weapon after using Sprint reduced from .5 to .3 seconds
- TACTICAL VISOR: Can target RIP-Tire and Immortality Field
- HACK: Cooldown is reduced by half when hacking a health pack; changed the visual appearance to more clearly indicate when something has been hacked
- PHOTON PROJECTOR: Primary Fire’s damage ramps up 20% faster
- GENERAL: Base health increased by 50 armor (250 maximum health)
- OVERLOAD: Armor gain reduced from 150 to 100
- INFRA-SIGHT: Reveals enemy health bars; now canceled on death
- ADAPTIVE SHIELD: No longer cancels Roll mode
- PARTICLE CANNON: Alternative Fire’s explosion radius changed to 2 meters, regardless of energy level
- ORB OF DESTRUCTION: Damage increased from 46 to 48
- ORB OF DISCORD: Effect reduced from 30% to 25%
To learn more about the update, head over to the official changelog.