A $2,000,000 PUBG Event PGI 2018 Kicks Off in Two Days
On July 25th begins so far the biggest PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds tournament. PUBG Global Invitational 2018 will feature 20 best teams from all over the world competing for a total prize pool of $2,000,000.
The event is organized by Bluehole and will take place on July 25-29 at Mercedes Benz Arena in Berlin, Germany. As befits a world championship, the tournament will feature 20 teams from 12 regions across the globe. The list of participants can be seen below.
- North America: Team Gates, Ghost Gaming, Honey Badger
- Europe: Team Liquid, Welcome to South George, Pittsburgh Knights
- China: Oh My God, Four Angry Men
- South Korea: Gen.G Gold, Gen.G Black
- Japan: Crest Gaming Xanadu, Crest Gaming Windfall
- CIS: Natus Vincere, AVANGAR
- Thailand: MiTH e-Sports
- Southeast Asia: Refund Gaming
- Taiwan: ahq e-Sports Club
- Oceanic: Chiefs ESC
- Latin America: Savage Esports
- Middle East/Africa: Oyun Hizmetleri eSports
The event will be divided into two segments, with each of them having its own $1,000,000 prize pool. The first segment will be held on July 25-26, during which the teams will compete using third-person perspective. During the second segment, which will take place on July 27-28, the teams will compete in first person mode. Both segments will feature a similar format: 4 matches will be played each day (8 in total), with teams getting tournament points for both match placements and number of kills. The matches will be played on both Erangel and Miramar. After each map, one player will be awarded an MVP status based on kills and survival length, receiving $10,000 in prize money. After the conclusion of competition one player in each segment with highest amount of MVP awards will get additional $10,000.
Prize Pool Distribution (for both TPP and FPP):