Hearthstone Update 12.0: Changes for Arena and Game Mechanics Adjustments
Blizzard released a new update for Hearthstone, which introduced several changes to Arena game mode, as well as some adjustments to game mechanics such as card copying and transformation. The main changes of the update are listed below.
- Offering rates for Class cards, including spells and weapons, have been reduced.
- Rarity distribution adjusted.
- This will result in Arena drafts having more neutral and common cards.
Game Mechanics Updates
- Cards that create copies of other cards that are then added to different game zones have been made more consistent.
- Whenever a card transforms it loses its enchantments. This change primarily affects the following 4 cards: Shifter Zerus, Molten Blade, Shifting Scroll, and Voodoo Doll. If the target of a Voodoo Doll is transformed or silenced, it is no longer destroyed by the Voodoo Doll’s Deathrattle.
- Shadowboxer now reads: Whenever a minion is healed, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
- Shadowboxer can be disenchanted for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
- The following Minions have changed Type:
- Ghostly Charger – No longer has the Beast Type.
- Ixlid, Fungal Lord – No longer has the Elemental Type.
- Living Mana now reads: Transform your Mana Crystals into 2/2 Treants. Recover the mana when they die.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Improvements
- Added new “Return to Fireside” tooltip for Fireside Gatherings.
- The Mac Client now uses Metal for graphics, where available.
- New Daily Quest has been added for playing Mechs.
- “Created By…” tags are no longer generated by the card’s last state before it died.
- Deathaxe Punisher’s animation no longer plays without a valid target in hand.
- Resolved effects and animation issues with Valeera the Hollow, Tess Greymane, and Shudderwock.
- Zombeast cards have rarity gems, and no longer appear to be collectible cards.
- Cards no longer display their yellow activation aura when their target can't be interacted with.
- Card backs now properly show their cardback outline effect when played by opposing players.
- Cards in hand no longer incorrectly overlap each other.
- Chameleos will now transform and clear buffs when the opponent has only one card.
- Chameleos will now copy stat buffs or cost reduction.
- When Shifter Zerus transforms into a Worgen card, the next card it transforms into will no longer keep those stats.
- Faceless Manipulator will now correctly advanced The Caverns Below quest.
- Gnomish Experimenter no longer sometimes plays his transform animation twice.
- Summoning Portal now properly updates cards that have had their mana cost set after it has been played.
This update was rolled out in preparation for release of The Boomsday expansion, which will be available on August 7. The expansion features 135 new cards and several new card mechanics.